Friday, July 22, 2016

On One hand, This Thing Is Pretty Cool And Well Built But.......

For the kind of money they want for it, why not just get a motorcycle?

$3200-$3800 for a motorized "Survival" bicycle?


I mean sure, you can pedal it if you have or want to but it looks heavy and the gear ratio to me looks like you would be pedaling your ass off to get anywhere.
Another thing I can't quite figure out is if there is any kind of clutch to disengage the pedals while you are motoring or are they flailing around like an egg beater from Hell all the time.

Still, it is pretty damn cool looking.


It also looks well built and sturdy.




I'm not seeing any kind of clutch mechanism here.



The rack is big enough to attach a pretty serious load to though..

And a 300 mile fuel range is pretty awesome on it's face but look where all that extra gasoline is sitting.
It's a rolling firebomb.

Wreck it hard enough and I'm pretty sure those saddle tanks will come right the hell off and leak gas all over the place. I don't know if there are isolation valves to shut the lines off.

But hey, if you have money and calories to burn it would be a neat little gizmo to have stashed in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.