Thursday, July 28, 2016

Gauging The Mood of the Country.

Some recent conversations I have had with people I interact with on a regular basis has opened my eyes a bit to just how many people I am around who seem to share pretty much the same opinions and outlook that I have on the situation we are all facing in this country and what people as individuals can do to prepare for what we all seem to see as the short trip we are all taking, in a hand basket, to someplace very hot that isn't Texas.

The interest in storing food, common interest in firearms and the decidedly right side of the spectrum political opinions pretty much caught me off guard at first but it seems to be more prevalent than I would have imagined.

I was quite surprised to hear one fellow had been canning food for years and actually had chickens when he only lived a couple of miles from where we were sitting.
I heard of another fellow we were all familiar with who also had chickens and other small livestock within a fifteen minute drive.

One has been interested in and around firearms his whole life and has just started expressing an interest in "prepping" for lack of a better word because I have never really liked that one.

Not wild eyed survivalist sentiments, more of a family man who doesn't like what he sees coming and wants to some sort of food storage for at least emergency contingencies.

This was just one conversation.

It is not the only one I have had recently and the common thread seems to be that people are thinking they need to do something because of a nagging feeling that all is not well and may just get worse real quick.

I'm pretty certain that none of these people I have been talking to spend near as much time as I do wallowing in the Doom and Gloom corner of the internet nor have the faintest idea what the Baltic Dry Index is or why it should matter to anyone in the first place.

These are just average working class Americans and they are worried.
Rightfully so I am afraid.

I am pretty sure that these are not isolated sentiments and that conversations like this are happening all over the country every day.

Just for my own information, I am interested in seeing if any of the sixteen people who read this blog every day are hearing conversations like this lately also.

Let 'er rip in the comments please.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.