Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Harlem Globetrotter Meadowlark Lemon, dies at 83

Damn, another great one has passed.
I somehow missed this and didn't hear about it until I surfed over to Bubba's Place. Thanks Bubba.

Meadowlark Lemon was a household name back in the 70's when I was still a kid
.
I still remember the night my Grandfather drug us down to the High school Gymnasium where I eventually graduated from eleven years later to see the Harlem Globetrotters. I can still see him and Curly teasing the hell out of the ref's.
To this day I can still remember some of the game and the antics Meadowlark pulled.
As a matter of fact, I know I still have a 45 record I bought at that game with their theme song on it.

Sweet Georgia Brown
.

Meadowlark and crew literally entertained millions of people all over the world, from little Redneck Rubes such as myself to Popes and Kings.

RIP my good man.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.