Saturday, March 5, 2016

Coming Soon; The Little Rat Lives

Twenty five years I have been fucking with this little piece of shit.




I can think of only one bolt on this entire car that I have not had off at least once, one of the two that holds the handbrake lever on.

I have headached with it, spent way too much money on it, bled, cursed at and thrashed on it.

In those twenty five years of owning this fucking thing, I guarantee you that I have put less than three thousand miles on it because it was always broke down for one reason or another and I never had enough money to fix it.

It was pretty close to being done at one point, I had all the body work done and had it painted, all it needed was the interior and the top put on.

The whole time I owned it though, I was drinking.

Right after I had it painted, the little fucker broke down again and it pissed me off to the point that I said fuck it, I don't fucking care anymore.
It sat outside in the weather, the tarp blew off and I didn't care and it got all fucked up all over again. I didn't have a garage to put it in at the time.
Moss ate through the paint on the nose and it got full of water inside.

Then I got married again and quit drinking, had a garage for a few years and started it on it again.

One of the last things I did when we were moving out of the old place was to call a flat bed tow truck to the house and haul the miserable sonofabitch off to the professionals.I know when I am licked and when to let those who do this crap for a living take over.

It's got a brand new engine in it that I couldn't get running to save my life and I was out of time and patience.The twin side draft carburetors were all fucked up.Basically a collection of 50 year old used parts scrounged here and there.

These guys are good.
They do Concourse restoration quality work on old British cars.

They ain't cheap but the results are already worth it.

They got it running and tell me it runs really good.
I am having them redo all the brakes, front wheel bearings, set the toe in on the front end, replace all the radiator hoses and am going to have them bolt the windshield down after they find a skinny little rod that broke off that is a tension strut for the middle of the windshield to body point and also where the rear view mirror mounts.
So far I am into them $800 and it is worth every. single. penny..

I am going to drive that little fucker out of there when they are done.
Then I am going to have a new top put on the bastard to keep the rain out, get the carpets and interior redone and fucking drive it. I don't give a shit if it's pretty anymore.

My buddy nicknamed it Spot.
He said if I ever get hit by a truck that the only thing left will be a messy spot.
I believe him, the thing is basically a Street Legal Go Kart. Compare it to the garage door for scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.