Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Well That Made My Ass Pucker Up

Went back to the dentist again this morning to have the rest of my teeth cleaned.
It's such a joy.
Multiple shots of novacane just for starters and then the pretty little thing got serious.
An hour later and my gums are still bleeding.
So far I haven't dribbled coffee down the front of my shirt but that's only because I am taking baby sips.
I can't feel half my face.

After this final round of torture I got to talk to the dentist , they call it a "consultation", it's more like negotiating with a car salesman in my opinion.
To see just how fucked up my teeth are, take a gander at this mess.


That be a dentists playground there my friends.


Needless to say these are not my favorite people to begin with.
So I had what I thought was a fairly close estimate of what this guy wants to fix all my teeth in the back of my mind when he hands me an itemized list of all the shit he wants to do along with the price for each item.

From past experience with these guys I figured about $8,000 easy.
Oh no no no no.
I was waaaay off.
Two thirds off.



Let's try TWENTY FOUR THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS!!!

That's when my ass puckered up.
It's a good thing I was sitting down.

I took a glance at this long list of wants and laughed right in his face. I'm sure he was expecting it too.
Dude, this is a down payment on a house.
There is no way I am doing all this.

He is talking bone grafts and implants and crowns and all kinds of happy shit.

Yeah right.
I have two teeth that need to be pulled because they are shot, one in front that is broken off at the gum line that needs to be pulled and an implant hammered in and a couple of teeth that had root canals done on them and just stuffed with fillings instead of having crowns put on because of cost. Those are bad because they are cracking. No support in the middle, the crowns are actually functional for support.
One of the teeth that needs pulling is on the bottom right side in the back and it is sensitive as hell. I can't chew anything even remotely solid on it or it lights up like a neon sign.

He only wants $160 to yank a tooth

After looking at the list and running some numbers in my head I told him that I will live with the sensitive tooth for now and if it gets so bad I can't stand it anymore that I will just pay out of pocket to get it yanked out. It's been bad for a couple of years already and I have learned what not to do with it. Then we will do one crown in the back on top on the other side so that I at least have two teeth that I can grind on and then we will go from there.
None of this is going to happen until after the first of the year anyway, just the deep cleaning of all my teeth went over the total cost of what my insurance will pay FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.

I am kicking myself for not staying on top of this but there was a period of about three years when I didn't have dental insurance and my hatred of these people just caused me to ignore the mounting problems after I did get some.
So now I get to pay.
Some here and some there.
I will do what the insurance covers and as little as possible on top of that.
As long as I have a couple three functional chompers I am good with it.
It ain't like I was ever a pretty boy anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.