Friday, August 19, 2016

Old Bikers Around The World Point And Laugh


It used to be that you got horsepower and high performance out of a Harley the old fashioned way, you made mechanical improvements to the engine, intake and exhaust system, just like every other internal combustion engine.
Those days are long gone. Now you buy special computer chips to change the air fuel ratio and the ignition timing.

If you are a newer Harley Davidson owner, you can't even do that anymore because the government just slapped HD to the tune of 15 million dollars for selling and installing an aftermarket "Pro Super Tuner" device that increased the fuel flow and caused the engine to exceed the EPA's emissions limits.


Is there anything the EPA doesn't have its tentacles wrapped around anymore?

I mean really, the government telling you that you can't have a high performance Harley.


If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be hilarious.
So in my lifetime, we have gone from serious, hardcore bikers riding anything they could cobble together and make go fast,


to this,


because government weenies said so.

Lest anyone think I haven't been around bikers in my day, think again, I grew up around riders and racers and have known or met hundreds of them including several from some of the more notorious biker clubs that shall remain nameless.

I gave up riding after I had some fucking idiot turn left from the right lane right in front of me.
Fucked my back all up and I wound up having my lower back fused. I can only ride for a short period of time before my back starts killing me and my legs start going to sleep. Something I have lived with now for over thirty years.


I guess I was raised Old School though and this new computerized crap just isn't the same to me. Sure it's more reliable and they can make huge amounts of horsepower and torque from the same amount of displacement engines compared to back in the day but when the fucker won't start, then I can't help ya pal. Yer gonna have to call the Geek Squad.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Don't be a stupid dickhead and I won't delete your comment.